Monday, December 15, 2008

Humour and Hoorahs

India has 10 runs to win. Sachin Tendulkar is 2 runs from his 41st century. Yuvraj is on strike. Yuvraj hits the ball and gets 2 runs. The crowd boos. Yuvraj proceeds to defend and block the next three balls and the crowd cheers with all it's might. (They clearly want Sachin to score)

L Shivaramakrishnan: Have you EVER heard a dot ball being cheered more?
David Lloyd: Amazing. The crowd's right into this game. Next ball coming up... Another block, this one.
(Yuvraj promptly blocks it)
David Lloyd: Thought so.

:D

And there's our victory, with Sachin's hundred. Ahh the feeling is unbeatable. It's like the time we won the Perth test, I remember standing in the stands and screaming my lungs out, waving the flag and every poster I could grab, shouting, jumping, ecstatic. I love this team.

And Dhoni, seriously, he's got the Midas touch. Not a single lost test match. Not even a draw! I mean, what can you say to that!

Yuvraj played a wonderfully mature hand and Sachin was a master. Sehwag played the most amazingly blistering knock last night. I know I'm saying redundant and obvious things but I'm quite speechless.

In any case, this victory is for Mumbai. And fittingly, it was Sachin who finished it off. And I must say, as a cricket lover, that I'm really thankful to England for coming back and playing. It would have been so disappointing if they hadn't resumed the series.

So that's that. Next match looks like it will be quite a contest!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Bauble images by Clarice Gomes