Oh my goodness me. Sreesanth should be made a permanent feature of every cricket match because he is so utterly entertaining. Hilarious.
For those of you who did not watch this match (geez, shame on you if you're not watching/ following such an entertaining Indian match, especially if you're an Indian supporter), here follows a description. So Sreesanth comes on to bat after Zaks falls to Ntini. I was upset becaue Zaks was utterly smacking away (oops, I guess I underestimated him :P).
Nel bowls, a little wide, Sreesanth swings rather wildly and misses, expectedly. Nel walks up to him (and this is completely uncalled for) and hits his own heart with his fist and says "Show me your heart, show me" to Sreesanth. UTTERLY unneccessary. Sreesanth is clearly charged up, his blood is boiling, you can practically see it. Then Nel (evidently feeling rather pleased with himself, the cheeky idiot (don't get me wrong, I like Nel)) bowls a good length ball and Sreesanth, all riled up, makes room for himself and SMASHES it over Nel's head for a six! Haha take that Nel! Oh but WAIT, it's not over yet. Sreesanth then skips down the pitch, while swinging his bat around his head, rodeo-style, accompanied by a, I quote, "pelvic thrust" and he continues in this fashion until he's made sure that he's brought his point across to Nel and everyone else watching.
At this, the commentators are first silent in utter disbelief and then they all promptly burst out laughing, choking on their words and falling off their chairs. Once they have regained their footing and their breath, they proceed to replay the scene about ten times in 5 minutes, and they laugh like idiots every single time.
Honestly, I don't blame them one bit. It was completely totally hilarious and I laughed every single time they replayed it too. Classic.
If only test matches were always this hilariously entertaining.
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment