Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bittersweet outcomes.

WHAT THE BLOODY NONSENSE INDIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?!?!?!?!?

I AM SURE YOU HAVE SRILANKA IN A SITUATION WHERE THEY SCORE ONLY 257 AND THEN YOU BAT UNTIL 129 FOR 2 IN 25 OVERS AND THEN PROCEED TO FALL 5 RUNS SHORT OF THE TOTAL BECAUSE YOU JUST COULDN'T MAKE ENOUGH RUNS OMG OMG OMG.

Some I really truly want to KILL our team. They had SL in SUCH a fix with some brilliant bowling. And then Dada and Sachin came out and batted so brilliantly together, coasting along at 7 runs an over and then SUDDENLY, goodness-knows-WHAT happened, India needed 24 runs off 30 balls and then they go on to lose like UTTER idiots. ONLY INDIA, mind you, ONLY INDIA can land themselves in UNBELIEVABLY good situations and then go on to lose the match. TOTAL TOTAL RUBBISH. I want to throw darts at Jammy's poster right now. And at Zaks and Yuvi too, for being injured and missing this match.

I also want to shoot the commentators right now, for talking non-stop when they really should just hang their heads in shame at India's pathetic performance.

But a small bright side is that Sangakkara played extremely well for his 110, and he spoke super nicely at the presentation ceremony :D (Yes, I am quite a fan of Sangakkara), so yeah, I guess that gave me some small amount of joy. (Although why these good innings of his have to come against TeamIndia, I don't know)

In the meantime, all Englishmen should hold their heads up high because England has almost won a BRILLIANT match against Australia and the CB series trophy as well. It is raining and they are just waiting for the announcement to come through. OH CORRECTION!! ENGLAND HAS JUST WON IT BY THE DUCKWORTH LEWIS METHOD! OMG OMG OMG ENGLAND HAS WON THE CB SERIES!!!! Complete underdogs when they started the series after a total whitewash in the Ashes series, England came from behind to claim four consecutive victories (THREE against Aussie) in the matches where it mattered most, to win the series HANDS DOWN and leave Australia gaping in shock. They have given the world no.1 a RUDE jolt back to reality, and maybe... JUST MAYBE, I take back my comment on how Australia is only losing due to pure complacency.

England have decidedly shown their skill as a unit, and don't look like the ruin that they were a month or so ago. This is definitely a huge wake-up call for the, I quote my dad, "Geriatric brigade" that is Australia.

As for me, even though India has played miserably, I am a happy girl, because Australia needed something like this which would get their heads out of the clouds and their feet back on the ground, and it is a bonus that England, my second fav team, was the one to do them the favour. :D
As the Barmy Army rejoices the English victory, I rejoice the Aussies' downfall.

"Drinks all around!"- Captain Jack Sparrow
How apt :)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Bauble images by Clarice Gomes