Thursday, December 27, 2007

India-Aus Test 1 Day 2 Final Session

As I predicted yesterday, I am here to promptly write about India's miserable collapse. Jaffer and Dravid started badly- Jaffer got out for 4 from 27 balls and Dravid got 5 from 66 balls. Laxman got 26, but when he tried to avoid a bouncer he stuck his golve up and the ball went off glove to Ricky Ponting at slip. Tendulkar played extremely well for his 62, but promptly chopped onto his own stumps when India needed him to stay on. Yuvraj was wrongly given out- he never nicked the ball. And Dhoni went and got himself lbwed on 0. Such is the state of our batting. Funny- it was our bowlers who were underrated, but they did fine. And our overrated batting line up has crumbled. Like I said, when you least expect them to perform, they outdo themselves and when you most expect them to perform, they let you down.

Ganguly and Kumble in the middle. One is our newest captain- courageous, competitive, quietly confident, but probably now worried, the other a former captain out of favour and the team till about 10 months ago but now going through a purple patch, having fought his way back into the team. I see a worried Indian dressing room. What will happen now? Let us, as Indian supporters, keep up the tradition of believing in the impossible and improbable. As we always do.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Bauble images by Clarice Gomes