I am such an idiot. I can't believe I have not had the time to update about the 2nd ODI between India and Windies, WHICH, by the way, India won and took a wonderful 2-0 lead in the series, which ensures them that they can't lose the series. It is indeed a welcome and very relieving change from the desperate situations we usually find ourselves in.
As for the match itself, I must admit I didn't watch more than half of India's batting, as I was out. But my friends were updating me on the score and my heart sank a little lower everytime they smsed, because it usually meant that a wicket had fallen. It was HEARTWRENCHING to hear that India was 69 for 6 and then subsequently 90 for 7. The commentators were talking about how India needs to get to about 180 to make it a competitive score. I was just sitting in front of the TV thinking, WHO IN THE WORLD IS THERE TO TAKE IT TO 180?!
It seems I was (fortunately) mistaken. Dinesh Karthik and Ajit Agarkar rose up to the task admirably. By using careful, controlled play, putting away the loose balls and attacking the tired bowlers, they stitched together a gutsy partnership of 62 in 50+ balls and saved India's dignity. Special mention to Zaks too, who did a pretty good job of defending and turning the strike over to Agarkar at the end. Kudos to all of them!
In our bowling, Ramesh Powar did an awesome job by taking 3 crucial wickets. This really decided the outcome of the game. It was a thrilling finish though, with Windies needing something like 21 runs off the last two overs with one wicket remaining. Chanderpaul tried to hit a big one, but ended up getting bowled as Zaks cleaned up the Windian innings. India had just scampered through with 20 runs, but whatever it was, they were home, they had one and the series was 2-0 in their favour.
Dinesh Karthik walked away with the MoM award, for his brilliant and dignity-saving innings of 63. He truly deserved it. Way to go, fellow south indian! <3
In one of the press conferences, Lara supposedly said that India is a team which can never be taken lightly. Well, tomorrow is the 3rd match. Let's wait and see what India will pull off this time, especially with 4 key players being rested- MS Dhoni, Ganguly, Bhajji and Zaks, and 4 youngsters coming in for them- Yuvi, Irfy (probably), Uthappa and Raina. Here's to a great match tomorrow!
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment